Clean Your Apartment, Part 2: Speed Clean Your Bathroom in 5 Minutes
In the second installment in our speed-cleaning four-part series, we’re going to tell you how to clean the bathroom or bathrooms in your Memphis apartment at Metro 67 in a mere five minutes.
- Put 2-3 Alka-Seltzer tablets in your toilet; the bubbling cleans up the grime while you work on other things. Put laundry in the hamper and clean off the counter. Now you’re ready to get to the intense cleaning.
- Hook a microfiber cloth on the end of a broom or Swiffer and use it to clean the dust from the ceiling, the door frames, and the baseboards. After that, use the clean side of it and some glass cleaner to clean the mirror.
- Use disposable disinfectant wipes to: Wipe the vanity; wipe the faucet and the sink; clean off the toilet’s tank lid, the handle, and the lid to the bowl; clean the seat, under the seat, and the lip of the bowl; and to finally clean the basin and the floor around the basin. You should use five wipes. Swirl the water in the bowl and flush.
- Swiffer, sweep, or mop the bathroom floor.
- Put out fresh hand towels, toilet paper (make sure there’s a spare), light a candle, and consider little extra touches, such as setting out matches for unpleasant odors and toothpicks for those who might get food in their teeth.
Do you have tips on how to speed clean your apartment? Let us know in a comment!
Photo credited to derrickcollins.